Accountabilities: The Lead Operating Engineer has four major accountabilities in support of one or more properties:
Results and Expectations:
- HVAC equipment performance
- Plumbing systems
- Electrical systems
- Equipment warranties
- General building maintenance
- Approval of all tenant working drawings regarding existing M.E.P. modifications and/or add-on's.
- Monitoring the construction of tenant space.
- Evaluation of tenant compliance with respect to operations and energy provisions of the lease.
- Addressing all tenant questions concerning M.E.P. operations.
- Analysis of escalation efficiency and costs for HVAC and excess energy billings.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budgets for utility, repairs and maintenance accounts.
- Approve engineering personnel time sheets.
- Participate in the preparation of estimates with respect to monthly expense accruals.
- Prepare “above standard” tenant billback forms for engineering related accounts.
- Prepare quarterly variance report for engineering-related accounts.
- Management and maintenance of HVAC equipment, including the central plant or rooftop units as appropriate.
- Awareness of the property's security systems and any impact they may have on building systems.
- Coordination and implementation of the energy management program.
- Establishment and administration of an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Implementation of fire and emergency procedures for the engineering staff.
- Ensuring that all emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Implementation of procedures to ensure fast response to all tenant and property work orders.
- Administration of miscellaneous mechanical contract programs.
- Authorization of equipment and systems repairs within expense management procedures, implementing regular maintenance programs to ensure quality operation and equipment life.
- Implementation of overall quality control programs for engineering facilities and the conduct of engineering properties inspections on a regular basis.
Education / Training, Skills, and Experience Needed